This week's winners!

The RStudio Community

We're excited to announce the latest prize winners from the RStudio Community.We've randomly selected five individuals, weighted by the number of likes they received. We will be reaching out to each winner directly to be able to ship them their awards.

The first award is an RStudio t-shirt and all of the hex and RStudio stickers we can find. The winners for the week of September 22nd are:

Name likes
mara 61
alistaire 45
daattali 29
emilyriederer 17
eric_bickel 12

@mara, @alistaire, @daattali, @emilyriederer, @eric_bickel

24 Likes

@eric_bickel You should give me the purrr sticker since without me you'd still have all those ugly apply functions all over your code

7 Likes

:smile:

This is awesome! Thanks @Bill and the RStudio team!! You all rock!

1 Like

I call shenanigans without the code being published. And it had better be R code! :sob:

Congrats to all the winners! :clap: This is a great community already.

2 Likes

Did you use set.seed()? :grin:

1 Like

Here's the code that I bashed out to solve this problem:

library(httr)
library(tidyverse)

url <- "https://forum.posit.co/directory_items.json?period=weekly&order=likes_received"

req <- httr::GET(url)
stop_for_status(req)
con <- httr::content(req)

users_raw <- con$directory_items
users <- tibble(
  name = users_raw %>% map_chr(c("user", "username")),
  likes = users_raw %>% map_int("likes_received"),
  title = users_raw %>% map_chr(c("user", "title"), .default = NA)
)

users %>%
  filter(is.na(title)) %>%
  select(-title) %>%
  sample_n(5, weight = likes)
25 Likes

RStudio: shenanigans, but never when it comes to reproducibility!

Thanks, @Bill! A 3yo just told me I'm not allowed to sing along to Little Mermaid songs, so I needed this W.

9 Likes

It's something about today, or kids being Disney snobs. I was told the same by my 4yo when singing to Beauty and the Beast. I do a great Gaston. I was crushed. :cry:

5 Likes

Thanks so much, @Bill and to the rest of the RStudio team! This was great news to kick-off the weekend :grinning:

It says a lot about this community's first week that knowing a heap of laptop stickers is headed my way is not even in my (not randomly sampled) top 5 favorite things here (even if I did text a small number of friends and family to brag :sunglasses:)

3 Likes

Woo, thank you! This may be the thing that finally makes me break my bare Apple products habit!

2 Likes

We're excited to announce the prize winners for the second week. The award is an RStudio t-shirt and all of the hex and RStudio stickers we can find. Don't worry, we are building up to better stuff. As with last week we will be reaching out to each winner directly to be able to ship them their awards. The winners for the week of September 29th are:

Name likes
nick 48
jessemaegan 42
raybuhr 14
billR 7
mmuurr 6

@nick @jessemaegan @raybuhr @billR @mmuurr

btw - @hadley added code to exclude the previous weeks winners :grin:

10 Likes

Woo! I admittedly grabbed some stickers that RStudio brought to the Twin Cities R User Group meeting last night, but all of the dplyr stickers were gone at that point. Thank you!

1 Like

My computer is ready!

6 Likes

WOOT!!

I've already got purrr sitting pretty on my laptop. I could definitely use the maggritr pipe, though...

3 Likes

Swag received!!

11 Likes

Yayy! @Bill Now I also know why I wasn't able to get @Bill for my username! :grin:

2 Likes

hello. my name is henry and i am shamelessly here for stickers... plus i need to level up my R skills.

5 Likes

Hello,

I am Chirag. Doing PhD in the field of Bioinformatics. Love to code in R and shiny. I am dying to get t-shirts and stickers. Thanks for creating this site. Very eager to post here and discuss

Cheers,

1 Like

I, too, am all about the shirts and stickers. Still learning but am a big fan of R and RStudio!

We’re excited to announce the prize winners for the third week. The award is the famous RStudio t-shirt and all of the hex and RStudio stickers we can find. The winners for the week of October 6th are:

Name likes
apreshill 19
pavopax 11
mfherman 10
rensa 7
tomtec 4

@apreshill @pavopax @mfherman @rensa @tomtec

9 Likes