Password for twrminal in RStudio Cloud

By refer to thread Whats the password for the terminal, I do request to get the password for install tesseract package for captcha verification to login account and start scrap real time data for trading.

By refer to tesseract R package, some libraries required in order to install tesseract package.

On Debian or Ubuntu install libtesseract-dev and libleptonica-dev. Also install tesseract-ocr-eng to run examples.

sudo apt-get install -y libtesseract

This answer has been posted on a related topic some days ago, the tesseract library is not available yet on RStudio Cloud but it seems it's on its way.

1 Like

Below 2 users.

Just to be clear, I think you haven't understood the point of the topic you have linked above. RStudio Cloud users are never going to get a sudo password, RStudio system admins are going to evaluate if it is convenient for them to install the libraries you are requesting and then, if they decide to do so, they are going to install them on their servers for all users, so they are not going to give you or any other user a sudo password so you can install them yourself.

Would you install sudo apt-get install -y libtesseract for mentioned users?

Hi,

As I mentioned in the other thread. Adding support for tesseract is something we're considering doing. However I don't yet have an ETA when that work might be completed. Aplogoies for the incovincence this may cause.

-Andy

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.