Windows 'Efficiency Mode'

I am running Rstudio on Windows 11. Recently i noticed that R seemed to be running slow, and a process which should have been using a good deal of computing resources (CPU, RAM, and/or network, depending on which step of the process), wasn't. The process was running fine in Rstudio, apparently, but the task manager reported almost no computing actually occurring. While in the task manager, i noticed that Rstudio was flagged with an 'Efficiency Mode' label in 'status', and i suspect that this is the source of the apparent lack of processing demand when processing burden should have been high. I have looked around the internet to see whether there are ways of turning off efficiency mode on a program specific manner (i like the concept, just no when i am performing computationally demanding processes), and the only reliable solution suggested seems to be flagging the path in the Rstudio shortcut - this doesn't appear to work, perhaps unsurprisingly, since success seems to be dependent on the program having a build in option to reject 'efficiency mode' operation. wanted to query the help resources here to see in anyone has found a solution for this.

Hi @cbroeckl
Welcome to the Posit/RStudio Community Forum.

You may find a solution to your problem in this post:
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/efficiency-mode-causing-performance-issue/38842636-8d08-47b9-8c03-9f509192f024