Webinar discussion: Delivering Real Value - What is your perspective on team characteristics that allow resilience in the face of delivering negative results, or being able to handle that well?

Continuing the discussion from the Building Effective Data Science Teams Webinar:

Delivering Real Value

What is your perspective on team characteristics that allow resilience in the face of delivering negative results, or being able to handle that well?

Our panelists for this webinar were:

• Kobi Abayomi, Senior VP of Data Science at Warner Music Group
  • Gregory Berg, VP of Data Science at Caliber Home Loans
  • Elaine McVey, VP of Data Science at The Looma Project
  • Jacqueline Nolis, Head of Data Science at Saturn Cloud
  • Nasir Uddin, Director of Strategy & Inspirational Analytics at T-Mobile
  • Moderated by Julia Silge, Software Engineer at RStudio, PBC

Some discussion in the webinar:

Kobi: I’m not going to say anything related to scientific characteristics. I think a baseline level of competence, maturity, and having experience of trying things, allows you to be honest with what you’re doing and what output it generates. One of the gospels I preach at my job is the experimental design philosophy. We’re not generating one answer. Answers aren’t static things. Experiments have different results. I flip a coin once, I get heads. I flip another time, I get tails. Have a structure and apparatus in place that can generate an answer at the time that it’s asked. Sometimes, you’ll get an answer you like, sometimes you get an answer in a direction. All of that is information, and we try to treat what we offer to the business as something that’s come from an experimental investigation.

This topic was automatically closed 42 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.