`view(dfSummary(table))` not appearing in RStudio viewer

My Viewer pane is not showing the output of view(dfSummary(")) in the output pane, but rather creates a new file in the Source pane. This was working until a few days ago, I have updated my RStudio, R version with no help. I can see this was an issue that needed a patch on Windows recently looking at other help requests (RStudio Viewer does not function properly on the new R version R-4.4.0 on Windows 11. · Issue #14603 · rstudio/rstudio · GitHub). It is not easy to view the visual data summary this way, please help! Plots are still working.

Details of system below:
RStudio version 2024.04.2+764
R version 4.4.1 (2024-06-14)
Platform: x86_64-apple-darwin20
Running under: macOS Ventura 13.6.7

Reprex below:

library(summarytools)
framingham <- read.csv("~/Downloads/framingham.csv")
view(dfSummary(framingham))
#> Switching method to 'browser'
#> Output file written: /var/folders/zz/x0f707n96s3ckngj3h7fv3k40000gn/T//RtmpLPQQtD/file8dbd1ca5ce39.html

Created on 2024-07-25 with reprex v2.1.1

What happens if you run this?

stview(dfSummary(framingham))

Thank you, this now shows in the viewer pane perfectly! :+1:

1 Like

The view() function should work as well, but it may take longer to troubleshoot. If you're interested in making sure view()works, just let folks here know.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.