Using Presto constructs with dbplyr

I'm analyzing whether I'll be able to use dbplyr with Presto. Suppose I want to right the following query using dbplyr:

SELECT evs.device_ids['google_advertising_id'] AS device_id, count(*) AS evs_count
    FROM hive.aleph.impressions_daily AS imps
    JOIN hive.aleph.events_daily AS evs ON evs.trans_id = imps.trans_id
    WHERE imps.is_rtb = 1 AND imps.month = '201902' AND imps.day = '20190211' AND
          evs.is_rtb = TRUE AND evs.app_partition = 1087 AND evs.month = '201902' AND evs.day = '20190211' AND
          date_diff('minute', from_iso8601_timestamp(imps.created), from_iso8601_timestamp(evs.created)) < 5
    GROUP BY evs.device_ids['google_advertising_id']
    ORDER BY evs_count DESC

So now I want to write this using dbplyr. How do I go about accessing a key in a map column and how can I call Presto's built-in functions ?

q <- inner_join(imps, evs, by='trans_id', suffix=c('.imps', '.evs')) %>%
  filter(is_rtb.imps == 1, month.imps == '201902', day.imps == '20190211') %>%
  filter(app_partition == 1087, month.evs == '201902', day.evs > '20190211') %>%
  group_by(device_ids) %>%
  summarise(n = n())

I don't know whether Presto is supported:
https://db.rstudio.com/databases

dbplyr allows you to use native functions of the database. You can check the actual query sent to the db using show_query().

1 Like

Perhaps what I'm asking doesn't make sense, but is there a way to combine dbplyr with custom sql ?
Something like this perhaps ?

date_filter <- function() {
  return("date_diff('minute', from_iso8601_timestamp(created.imps), from_iso8601_timestamp(created.evs)) < 5")
}

q <- inner_join(imps, evs, by='trans_id', suffix=c('.imps', '.evs')) %>%
  filter(is_rtb.imps == 1, month.imps == '201902', day.imps == '20190211') %>%
  filter(app_partition == 1087, month.evs == '201902', day.evs > '20190211') %>%
  date_filter() %>%
  group_by(device_ids) %>%
  summarise(n = n())

Take a look at cross-posting FAQ:

In general, it's completely fine to cross-post, but make it clear that this question is asked in multiple places so people don't waste their time answering question that might have been answered already somewhere else.

Link to GH issue:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.