Using observe function in shiny login page

I tried to use both shinymanager and shinyauthr to make a login page for my Shiny App.

In shinyauthr, I used req() function in all output and reactive functions. In shinymanager, I don't need any req() or similar function for output and reactive functions.

But, I get an error for observe() and observeEvent() functions.

Error:

Warning: Error in : Problem with `filter()` input `..1`.
i Input `..1` is `Season == input$season`.
x Input `..1` must be of size 6134 or 1, not size 0.
  103: <Anonymous>

My observe() function:

observe({
    updatePickerInput(session, "picker1",

choices = unique(filter(data,data$Name==input$name)$surbame),
                      selected = 'AAA')

})

Hi!

I would take a careful look to this line choices = unique(filter(data,data$Name==input$name)$surbame), since the error you show is from the filter function.

My guess is that what you want is:
choices = unique(filter(data,Name==input$name)$surbame) (not sure about "surbame"...looks like a typo for surname, maybe?)

HTH

This post was published by an Appsilon team member. Our company can help you get the most out of RShiny and Posit/RStudio products.

Check our open positions here.

Appsilon: Building impactful RShiny Dashboards and providing R coding services.
Appsilon_GIFsmall_whitebg

Hi,

Shouldn't this be a reactive function? Thank you!

What thing should be a reactive function?

Have you tried what I suggested above? Do you get an error? What is the output?

This post was published by an Appsilon team member. Our company can help you get the most out of RShiny and Posit/RStudio products.

Check our open positions here.

Appsilon: Building impactful RShiny Dashboards and providing R coding services.
Appsilon_GIFsmall_whitebg

This topic was automatically closed 54 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.