Use of pkg::fun in the Rstudio Browse console

I've been having this weird error many times and I don't know if it's a bug or if I am doing something wrong...

What I know is that when I enter the debugger (via browser() function in the code normally) and I jump in the console to run some ideas for my code suddenly this message appears and I have to quit the debugger.

debugging in: purrr::map
debug: {
    pkg <- as.character(substitute(pkg))
    name <- as.character(substitute(name))
    getExportedValue(pkg, name)
}

I am pretty sure this happens when I try to run pkg::fun and autocomplete with the tabulator key. I guess this can be also a R issue (not just Rstudio) but thought someone may give some light in what i am doing wrong here.

How to reproduce?

  1. Enter in debugger mode
> test <- function(variables) {
+   browser()
+ }
> test()
Called from: test()
  1. write dplyr:: and then press the tabulator key 2 times.

When I do this I get:

debugging in: dplyr::add_count
debug: {
    pkg <- as.character(substitute(pkg))
    name <- as.character(substitute(name))
    getExportedValue(pkg, name)
}

EDIT

I noticed that the first autocomplete works fine but when trying again to get the arguments of that function (this is what I do in the editor normally) then it breaks. So you have to actually press tab key 2 times.

Thanks for the clear explanation. Unfortunately, I can't reproduce...
Which RStudio version are you using ? Have you tried with last ones ?

Sorry I missed that.

Okay, so this happens in my Rstudio installation at work. In my personal mac (1.2.719) works as expected. I will try to update the version there and come back here if it fails.