Update of Matrix package to version 1.5-1 failed with segmentation error.

Update of the Matrix package to version 1.5-1 failed on my Windows 11 desktop with the following final output.

gcc -I"C:/PROGRA~1/R/R-42~1.1/include" -DNDEBUG -I../../AMD/Include -I../../AMD/Source -I../../COLAMD/Include -I../Include -I../../SuiteSparse_config -DNPARTITION -DNPRINT -I"C:/rtools42/x86_64-w64-mingw32.static.posix/include" -O2 -Wall -std=gnu99 -mfpmath=sse -msse2 -mstackrealign -DDLONG -c ../MatrixOps/cholmod_sdmult.c -o cholmod_l_sdmult.o
make[2]: *** [Makefile:372: cholmod_l_sdmult.o] Segmentation fault
make[2]: Leaving directory '/c/Users/Lawrence Hunsicker/AppData/Local/Temp/RtmpwtDazt/R.INSTALL7b1441be766c/Matrix/src/CHOLMOD/Lib'
make[1]: *** [Makefile:15: library] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/c/Users/Lawrence Hunsicker/AppData/Local/Temp/RtmpwtDazt/R.INSTALL7b1441be766c/Matrix/src/CHOLMOD'
make: *** [Makevars:27: sublibraries] Error 1
ERROR: compilation failed for package 'Matrix'

• removing 'C:/Larry/R/win-library/4.2/Matrix'
  • restoring previous 'C:/Larry/R/win-library/4.2/Matrix'
    Warning in install.packages :
    installation of package ‘Matrix’ had non-zero exit status
  • installing source package 'openssl' ...

My understanding is that this sort of segmentation fault usually indicates that I am missing a file that is needed for the installation. Interestingly, the update of the package works correctly on my Ubuntu 22.04.1 machine.
Running R 4.2.1 with RStudio 2022.07.1 on a fully updated Windows 11 machine.

What am I missing? How can I complete this upgrade? Thanks to whoever has a solution.
Larry Hunsicker

Resolved when Matrix 1.5-1 was released as a precompiled Windows package.
LGH

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.