Unable to render Quarto Book to DOCX

I want to render a Quarto Book to DOCX - but unfortunately it doesn't work (with RStudio 2024.04.2+764).
I constantly get an error message: Unable to determine proper path to use when computing bibliography path for index.html.

This also happens when creating a new Project with Project Type Quarto Book with RStudio and only change the default html-setting in the _quarto.ymlto docx-setting using the "standard" settings taken from the Quarto documentation.

This is the code of the _quarto.yml:

project:
  type: book

book:
  title: "TEST"
  author: "Norah Jones"
  date: "7/31/2024"
  chapters:
    - index.qmd
    - intro.qmd
    - summary.qmd
    - references.qmd

bibliography: references.bib

format:
  docx:
    toc: true
    number-sections: true

This is the error message I get;

ERROR: Unable to determine proper path to use when computing bibliography path for index.html.

Stack trace:
    at bookBibliography (file:///Applications/RStudio.app/Contents/Resources/app/quarto/bin/quarto.js:91299:15)
    at eventLoopTick (ext:core/01_core.js:183:11)
    at async bookBibliographyPostRender (file:///Applications/RStudio.app/Contents/Resources/app/quarto/bin/quarto.js:91317:52)
    at async Object.bookPostRender [as postRender] (file:///Applications/RStudio.app/Contents/Resources/app/quarto/bin/quarto.js:91696:9)
    at async renderProject (file:///Applications/RStudio.app/Contents/Resources/app/quarto/bin/quarto.js:77615:13)
    at async Command.fn (file:///Applications/RStudio.app/Contents/Resources/app/quarto/bin/quarto.js:98150:46)
    at async Command.execute (file:///Applications/RStudio.app/Contents/Resources/app/quarto/bin/quarto.js:8104:13)
    at async quarto (file:///Applications/RStudio.app/Contents/Resources/app/quarto/bin/quarto.js:115004:5)
    at async file:///Applications/RStudio.app/Contents/Resources/app/quarto/bin/quarto.js:115022:9

If change to HTML-output

format:
  html:
    toc: true
    number-sections: true

there is no problem, the book is rendered as it should.

Could anyone tell me, how I can render my Quarto Book to DOCX?
Any help would be much appreciated :slight_smile: