Unable to load any package after installing RStudio 1.3.959 and rtools40

Hello,
I am new to R. I got RStudio 1.3.959 and rtools40 installed today but it looks like I am still unable to load any package.

Below is the error message I got when opening RStudio. Help please!!!!

Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘stats’ in inDL(x, as.logical(local), as.logical(now), ...):
unable to load shared object 'C:/Program Files/R/R-3.6.3/library/stats/libs/x64/stats.dll':
LoadLibrary failure: The specified module could not be found.

During startup - Warning message:
package ‘stats’ in options("defaultPackages") was not found
Error in inDL(x, as.logical(local), as.logical(now), ...) :
unable to load shared object 'C:/Program Files/R/R-3.6.3/library/stats/libs/x64/stats.dll':
[Workspace loaded from ~/.RData]

Rtools40 is for R >= 4.0.0 but it seems you are using R 3.6.3, Can you clarify which version are you using?

I am using RStudio Version 1.3.595. I also have RGui version 3.6.3 which was installed before RStudio 1.3.595. Do I need to uninstall both RStudio 1.3.595 and RGui 3.6.3 then reinstall RStudio 1.3.595?

I'm not asking for your RStudio version, I'm asking for your R version, they are two independent pieces of software

No, but I would recommend updating your R version to the latest release (4.0.1) and then updating your packages with

update.packages(checkBuilt = TRUE)

I uninstalled all of them and reinstalled R 4.0.1 and RStudio 1.3.595 but still got the below error

Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘stats’ in inDL(x, as.logical(local), as.logical(now), ...):
unable to load shared object 'C:/Program Files/R/R-4.0.1/library/stats/libs/x64/stats.dll':

During startup - Warning message:
package ‘stats’ in options("defaultPackages") was not found
Error in inDL(x, as.logical(local), as.logical(now), ...) :
unable to load shared object 'C:/Program Files/R/R-4.0.1/library/stats/libs/x64/stats.dll':

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.