Tydiverse ERROR

Hi there,
I tryed to run tidyverse library but R show up this error

Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘tidyverse’ in loadNamespace(i, c(lib.loc, .libPaths()), versionCheck = vI[[i]]):
namespace ‘vctrs’ 0.5.1 is already loaded, but >= 0.5.2 is required

I installed "vctrs" updates but even thougt it is not running

What do you think about a possible solution thank you.

Hi @LinaCL, try to update vctrs with remotes library.

# install.packages('remotes')
library(remotes)
install_version("vctrs", " 0.5.2")
1 Like

Did you restart R after installing vctrs 0.5.2?

1 Like

@M_AcostaCH 's fix will work, but I prefer to use

install.packages("vctrs")

because if a package has a version dependency that is not on CRAN, it should fail checks and not be passed. I've found that update.packages("vctrs") doesn't work for mysterious reasons.

@EconProf 's suggestion to start a new RSession isn't strictly necessary, but it's a good habit to get into to clear out the namespace of all the accumulated leftovers from a session that we forget about, but then realize next time that we had this other library loaded that wasn't in the script and so a function can't be found.

2 Likes

To solve the mystery, the first argument of update.packages() is lib.loc, you need to pass a named argument

update.packages(oldPkgs = "vctrs")
3 Likes

Hi guys,

Thank you for your time to answer my question. After many R restarts and applying install.packages('vctrs') I could solved this Error. Thanks to you, I will develop my text analysis project.

Warm regards,

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.