trying to install SDMTools and keeps coming up with an error

Im new to R and was just trying to download and install all the required parts in order to use statsbomb data however I am stuck at installing SDMTools installation. Ive looked everywhere for answer but cant find anything. Here is the code below:

remotes::install_version("SDMTools","1.1-221")
Downloading package from url: https://cran.rstudio.com//src/contrib/Archive/SDMTools/SDMTools_1.1-221.tar.gz
Installing package into ‘C:/Users/Atkins/AppData/Local/R/win-library/4.3’
(as ‘lib’ is unspecified)

• installing source package 'SDMTools' ...
    ** package 'SDMTools' successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked
    ** using staged installation
    ** libs
    gcc -I"C:/PROGRA~1/R/R-43~1.2/include" -DNDEBUG -I"C:/RBuildTools/4.3/x86_64-w64-mingw32.static.posix/include" -O2 -Wall -mfpmath=sse -msse2 -mstackrealign -c ConnectedComponentLabelling.c -o ConnectedComponentLabelling.o
    /bin/sh: line 1: gcc: command not found
    make: *** [C:/PROGRA~1/R/R-43~1.2/etc/x64/Makeconf:265: ConnectedComponentLabelling.o] Error 127
    ERROR: compilation failed for package 'SDMTools'
  • removing 'C:/Users/Atkins/AppData/Local/R/win-library/4.3/SDMTools'
    Warning message:
    In i.p(...) :
    installation of package ‘C:/Users/Atkins/AppData/Local/Temp/Rtmps9DRiX/remotes1654407d703e/SDMTools’ had non-zero exit status

This may help. It looks like the package is not on CRAN but you may be able to get an older Version.

Package ‘SDMTools’ was removed from the CRAN repository.

This topic was automatically closed 42 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.