tidyverse installation fail on MacOS 10.11.6 el capitan

Hello,

I am currently in the process of installing the tidyverse package on my MacOS 10.11.6 system. I have R version 3.6.3 and R Studio version 1.1.463, which are the latest versions compatible with my operating system.

Despite my efforts, I have encountered persistent failures in attempting to install tidyverse. Upon analyzing the error messages, it appears that the issue is related to the age of my operating system. Specifically, a crucial dependency known as "systemfonts" necessitates a .o file from MacOS 10.13, a version newer than my current 10.11.

This incompatibility has resulted in error messages similar to the one provided below:

ld: warning: object file (/private/var/folders/fr/myfcbqmj1lz2lbklhxkr1s5c0000gn/T/RtmpqdxJab/R.INSTALL472a67fa289e/systemfonts/.deps/lib/libpng.a(pngwio.o)) was built for newer OSX version (10.13) than being linked (10.11)

Your willingness to assist is greatly appreciated. Your guidance could encompass methods for bypassing the dependency, procuring a pre-compiled tidyverse package for binary installation, or acquiring the necessary .o files that are currently absent on my system. Your support is invaluable. Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.