tidyverse failling loading

Some help for this error:

library(tidyverse)
Erro: package or namespace load failed for ‘tidyverse’ in dyn.load(file, DLLpath = DLLpath, ...):
impossível carregar objeto compartilhado '/home/usuario/R/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-library/3.5/xml2/libs/xml2.so':
/home/usuario/R/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-library/3.5/xml2/libs/xml2.so: symbol htmlReadFile version LIBXML2_2.6.0 not defined in file libxml2.so.2 with link time reference

tks

Are you on windows or Mac?

I’m using linux debian 10.

You are missing the libxml2 system library, you have to install it on your system.

sudo apt install libxml2-dev

Hi Andres, tks but
libxml2 it’s alteady installed but the error remains the same. Any other option?

Reinstall the xml2 package, restart your R session and try again.

Same error:

library(xml2)
Erro: package or namespace load failed for ‘xml2’ in dyn.load(file, DLLpath = DLLpath, ...):
impossível carregar objeto compartilhado '/home/usuario/R/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-library/3.5/xml2/libs/xml2.so':
/home/usuario/R/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-library/3.5/xml2/libs/xml2.so: symbol htmlReadFile version LIBXML2_2.6.0 not defined in file libxml2.so.2 with link time reference

It seems your libxml2 version is not compatible or there is a symlink pointing to a wrong version, sadly this is system specific so I can't investigate on my side.
Maybe someone else that has experienced this same issue might be able to help you.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.