text label in geom_jitter, ggplot2 in r

Hi,
how can I add short line from to text to its corresponding point here?

截图20240327172051

ggplot(DEGs, aes(x = pair, y = avg_log2FC, color=change)) + 
   geom_jitter(width = 0.4, height = 0, size = 1) +
    scale_color_manual(values = c('up' = '#D53E4F','stable' = 'gray','down' = '#3288BD')) + 
    ggrepel::geom_text_repel(
      mapping = aes(label= label), color = "black", 
      size = 3) +
    theme_bw()+
    theme(panel.grid.major =element_blank(), panel.grid.minor=element_blank(),     
          axis.title.x = element_blank()) +
    guides(color = guide_legend(override.aes = list(size = 3)))  

geom_text_repel() adds lines automatically, if it has to move the text too far away from the point. However, in your case I believe points and texts are not aligned correctly. You are using geom_jitter(), witch scatters points randomly in the x-axis. I don't know how large your pair values are, but I have a feeling that the plot is dominated by random jitter. This is why Lars21 is far away from the point. geom_text_repel() uses the exact x value (as specified by pair column), while geom_jitter() moved this point by random value. I'm not sure what your are trying to achieve here, but I'd suggest using geom_point() instead of geom_jitter().

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.