Terminal is missing

Terminal is missing from some projects but not others. This includes being missing as a tab next to the console tab, missing as an option from tools (the 'shell...' tool option is also missing)
and finally, Terminal options tab is missing from Global Options.

I have tried restarting RStudio cloud after cycling through multiple R versions (3.5.2, 3.5, 3.4, etc.).
I have tried the usual method of trashing and restoring the projects where this issue is present.
I would have tried creating a new project to check the behavior, but currently I am unable to open any new projects I create, it just spins on loading forever (related or indicitive of the same issue?)
Here is the link to one of the problem projectsProject missing Terminal

Wanted to re-up what OP mentioned above. A colleague told me this morning about having a similar issue with their terminal not appearing.

On my end, I am unable to confirm or deny if I am experiencing the issue, because, like the OP, I am stuck spinning on opening a project.

I am also having this issue with my RStudio Cloud, running on Google Chrome, as well. It does not matter which project / workspace I go into, I am having the same issue.

Even when pressing the built in shortcut to open terminal Alt + Shift +T it will not open.

Force quitting and restarting the R session did not work me for me, nor did resetting the session to an earlier update.

Did not have this problem yesterday; only this morning. Unfortunately, because of logging out and trying to restart the session NONE of my projects will load. :confused:

There's a bit of a live stress test going on right now as Rstudio::conf is happening and loading up rstudio cloud. I happen to be sitting right next to the RStudio CEO and he just told me that they are all over it and scampering to figure out what's causing the disruption.

Hi All,

I've posted about the missing terminal window here:

https://forum.posit.co/t/notice-temporarily-disabled-ide-terminal-window/21745/3

There was also an unrelated issue causing projects to not load, which has been address at this time.

As, always I advise you to check the latest system status at by visting:

https://status.rstudio.com/