Suppress Author from Quarto compiled into html

Hi all!

This is probably a trivial question, but I have spent some time looking for an answer without success. If I compile a quarto document to an HTML file, I get the title and below AUTHOR and the name I provided in the YAML header. I know I can change the language of AUTHOR using the lang: option in the YAML header, but how do I suppress it? I want an output that looks more like the PDF output, i.e., with just the title and below the author's name without spelling out AUTHOR.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
R

You'll probably need to edit the HTML template for quarto to accomplish this.

First, see this thread for an idea of what needs to happen.

Then, here is the source code for Quarto's default HTML template.

I'd recommend downloading that file, and editing this section:

$for(author)$
<p class="author">$author$</p>
$endfor$

to

$for(author)$
<p class="">$author$</p>
$endfor$

This will give you a simpler header. Finally, put that modified html.template into the same directory as your quarto file, and put this in your yaml header:

---
template: html.template
---

Let me know how that works out

2 Likes

Note that you can also use partials for template modification: Quarto - Article Templates

title-block.html would be the one to modify : https://github.com/quarto-dev/quarto-cli/blob/main/src/resources/formats/html/pandoc/title-block.html

You can probably also add some CSS rules or JS script to hide modify this specific part in your HTML

2 Likes

Thank you both for your solutions! It seems handy to use partials for template modification.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.