Short RStudio homework help - deadline 18.12.23 and I am willing to pay for the help so I can finish my Master's studies!

Hello!

I would really need help with a short Rstudio homework. I'm about to finish my Master's degree, and in my last semester we currently have a research methods class where we need to do homework. If I don't pass the homework, unfortunately I won't be able to start writing my thesis and graduate in 2024. So I am very worried. Unfortunately, the teacher is incompetent and quite harsh, so I have not understood the material and have spent a crazy amount of hours on homework but have got nowhere.

We have also turned to the lecturer with the whole course, who does not have time to help us, so I have no choice but to ask for help here.

I'm very much looking for help with my homework, and I'm willing to generously pay!

The deadline for the homework is already 18.12.23 so it's urgent!

If anyone is willing to help, I'd be happy to send you a homework guide #homework

1 Like

To follow up on nirgrahamuk's post, we won't do your homework for you but we will be happy to suggest ideas, maybe identify errors, and point you to sources of information that will help.

We probably need relatively specific questions.

1 Like

Alright! Thanks!

First of all, a general table was given for the different countries. From there I had to code out the country data for myself, which has now been done, and I also produced a histogram. The dependent variable is happy and the independent variable is social meet, so I am looking at how spending time with friends affects a person's happiness level.

Next I need to tabulate the results of the regression model.

In the table, I should include important indicators such as parameters,
standard deviations in parentheses, significance probabilities can be indicated by ranges using asterisks. Looking at the table, it should be clear what has been done in the regression model and what the result is. If there are many
fictive variables (e.g. house) what is the base level of each fictive variable.

I don't understand what the command should be to enter into RStudio and once I have the table, how do I briefly put what has been checked and what can be
inferred according to the results of the tests. How to interpret the table.

What are the statistically significant variables?

(1) Save your regression results in a variable. Suppose the variable is called regressionResults.
(2) Use the function summary(regressionResults) to get pretty much everything you want. The output will include the p-value for each coefficient, which will tell you which ones are statistically significant.

Thanks!

How to save regression results in a variable?

regressionResults <- lm(y~x, data = df)

for example.

Alright!

How to interpret the table once I get it?

Do you understand how regressions work? Perhaps you might show us the results of one of your more basic regressions and tell us what you understand and ask specific questions about areas you need help on.

Are you, by any chance, following that APA style manual ? The table requirements read that way and every one from nurses to nuclear radiation technologists use it. If so, there may be some available table layouts. If not APA, what style manual are you following? Those specifications definitely look like they are from a journal or scientific association.

Are you using Rmarkdown, Quarto, or LaTeX? If so you may want to have a look at stargazer or apaTables

I forgot, some useful general guidelines for asking questions in the forum.

FAQ Asking Questions

A handy way to supply some sample data is the dput() function. In the case of a large dataset something like dput(head(mydata, 100)) should supply the data we need. Just do dput(mydata) where mydata is your data. Copy the output and paste it here between
```

```

This topic was automatically closed 42 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.