Shinyapps.io unable to display image using magick package with googleCloudStorageR Rshiny

Hello, this is my first post here and am looking for some help displaying images in a deployed application

So I am at a bit of a loss here. I am trying to display images on shinyapps. io from a google cloud bucket using both magick and googleCloudStorageR. [Creating a bucket on a GCP project][1] and making this simple app I have the following code:

library(tidyverse)
library(shiny)
library(googleCloudStorageR)
library(magick)

#key to service account with Storage Admin and Service Account Token Creator permissions
key_file<- "key.json"
gcs_auth(key_file)

#simple UI
ui <- fluidPage(
  titlePanel("Display Image"),
  mainPanel(
      plotOutput("image")
    )
  )

# Define server
server <- function(input, output) {

#get image
  image_data <- gcs_get_object(object_name = "gs://BUCKET_NAME/kitten.png")

# Read the image data 
  tester<-image_read(image_data)

#Output image
  output$image <- renderPlot({
    image_ggplot(tester) +
      ggtitle("Image from Google Cloud Storage")
  })
}

# Run the app
shinyApp(ui = ui, server = server)

Locally, this works great. Easily loads the image. However when I deploy this app to shinyapps .io it is unable to download the image giving the error:

✖ Downloading kitten.png ... failed
Error : Problem parsing the object with supplied parseFunction.

I have tried EBImage and other packages but they all seem to work locally but not with shinyapps. io. I am checking here to see if I am just missing some type of permissions or need to whitelist shinyapps. io somehow on the GCP side and I have just missed that. Any thoughts are appreciated
[1]: Quickstart: Discover object storage with the Google Cloud console  |  Cloud Storage