Shiny UI Rendering

Hi,

I'm using shinyjs to hide\show subsets of UI components, it's quite fast locally but on the web (we use VM's on azure) it can take several minutes to load UI components. We use shinydashboardPlus (not much renderUI()) and tabboxes and find that when switching to a new tab it sometimes takes a minute to load the tab UI components. Once a tab is loaded by toggling to that tab, the application runs fine that is there is no delay in changing tabs and rendering other previously opened dashboards.

I'm looking for suggestions on improving rendering time of UI components and figuring out where my code might be the issue. Are there any tools to track what is being loaded (not processes or packages) as far as UI? Is shinyjs by it's nature slow? Do UI components live in memory in the browser once loaded? Any suggestions are appreciated.

Mike

This topic was automatically closed 54 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.