Shiny Developer Series Webinar Discussion - Episode 7 - Victor Perrier & Fanny Meyer on dreamRs, and Tools to Customize the Look & Feel of Your App

Follow-up questions from the shiny developer series. Recording of the webinar available at shinydevseries.com/ep7

Recordings of previous webinars also available at shinydevseries.com.

Victor Perrier & Fanny Meyer on dreamRs, and Tools to Customize the Look & Feel of Your App

Have you ever wanted to ease the effort in customizing the look and feel of your Shiny app? Victor and Fanny are behind dreamRs, a large collection of R packages dedicated to Shiny developers, many of which are designed to help you make your Shiny app as professional looking as possible. They will talk about how moving beyond Shiny’s default options can improve your users’ experience.

dreamR provides consulting services -

dreamR's repos

3 Likes

Some questions

how do you sell the value of shiny to small organizations? I'm currently a data analyst and I'm hoping to get more support in my company for shiny

I have a question: shiny modules are relatively new. Are you using it in development? If yes, what's the scenarios of usingthem? Do you have any recommendations in using it?

how do you sell the value of shiny to small organizations? I'm currently a data analyst and I'm hoping to get more support in my company for shiny

With Shiny it is quickly possible to prototype and create an attractive application to highlight your results. In addition, with solutions such as shinyapps.io or Shiny server, it’s easy to deploy your application, many online resources exist to help set up the server

I have a question: shiny modules are relatively new. Are you using it in development? If yes, what's the scenarios of usingthem? Do you have any recommendations in using it?

Shiny modules are a good solution to factorize your code and avoid having a UI with too many lines. Yes we use them in production, usually by including them in a package, which is simple since they are functions. My recommendation is to develop modules from the beginning of the development of an application.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 54 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.