Selecting Animation Package

I'm working on an animation to show the flow of asylum-seekers between countries over time. I'm having a bit of trouble selecting the best animation package for the project and would love some input. The animation will eventually be rendered in a Shiny app, however as it won't be interactive that shouldn't noticeably impact the choice.

I'm envisioning dots/arrows that flow from a central point in the origin country to a central point in the destination country. As the data is recorded yearly, I'd like to be able to stagger the points within each year and the scale of the visual would also benefit from some form of a jitter-esque capability. Control over factors such as speed, route, and icon would all be preferable if possible.

Any thoughts as to which package/s will best address this would be greatly appreciated!

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.