Same app as before fails to start after new deployment

Hello,

I hope somebody can help, since I'm quite puzzled by this issue. I just have deployed the same app — without any changes in code — I'm working on since years; only the raw data is changing sometimes. The current deployment works fine, but starting fails. The problem named in the log-file is:

/../ Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘Cairo’:
/../ .onLoad failed in loadNamespace() for 'Cairo', details:
/../ call: dyn.load(file, DLLpath = DLLpath, ...)
/../ error: unable to load shared object '/opt/R/4.2.2/lib/R/library/Cairo/libs/Cairo.so':
/../ libharfbuzz-icu.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
/../ Execution halted
/../ Shiny application exiting ...

This is really strange, I never saw such issues although I work with R/shiny for a long time...

I would be grateful for any help and advice.

Chris

Did you try installing/reinstalling the Cairo library on the machine where you are deploying the app?

Oh, I forgot to mention, I'm deploying directly to shinyapps where it is hosted and have no influence on setting or installations on their side/servers... This is what surprises me, the same app worked perfectly.

Are you running R 4.2.2 on your development machine? If so, maybe upgrading it (and any libraries, including Cairo) might help. I think Shinyapps tries to match the library versions you use when you create the app, and (speculation) maybe it no longer fully supports R 4.2.2?

Thank you for your help! I skipped the last upgrades due to ongoing projects. Simply to avoid package conflicts. Now I tried to upgrade Cairo and figured out that I don't actually need it. It was used for smoothing plots, but I prefer a running app with kinda zigzaggy plots than no running app.

Even if it's just a workaround to the problem, I thank you for taking me there.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.