Running RStudio on Citrix / Terminal Server with Palo Alto Terminal Server agent

Referring to this topic:
How to configure ports used for communication between R and RStudio? - R Admins - Posit Community

It took a while before I discovered why RStudio, PgAdmin, and other applications utilizing a loopback address weren't functioning on our Citrix environment. I wasn't aware that our network team routinely installed the Palo Alto Terminal Server agent on the servers.

Long story short: Set the registry value "HonorSrcPortRequest" in [HKLM\Software\Palo Alto Networks\TS Agent\Adv] to '2'. And the applications will work.

Description of this setting: Terminal Server Agent (TSA) Advanced Configuration using Windows Registry

So, I hope if other Windows Admins are looking for a solution that they will find this topic. And can find this solution faster than I did. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.