Running a R script in batch file

I have a R script that runs fine in R studio . The idea is to run a batch file that has R script. But this is not working. I have described the problem below

This is the R file below

Update_Price_Table.R

library(RODBC)
library(rlang)
library(shiny)
library(jsonlite)
library(rjson)
library(stringr)
require(reshape2)
library(dplyr)
library(tidyverse)
require(reshape2)
library(readxl)
library(lubridate)
library(zoo)
library(shinyalert)
library(DT)
library(plotly)
# library(rhandsontable)
# library(kableExtra)
# library(reactable)
library(glue)
library(shinyjs)
library(shinycssloaders)
library(data.table)

## Connnection to sql server
conn <- odbcDriverConnect(connection = paste0("XXXXXXXXXXX"))

update_Price_Table_to_sql <- function(r_DataFrame, table_Name){
  sqlQuery(conn,paste0("drop table ", table_Name))
  sqlSave(conn, r_DataFrame, tablename = table_Name,varTypes=c(description = "nvarchar(MAX)", name = "nvarchar(MAX)",time = "datetime2"),rownames = FALSE)
}

nullToNA <- function(x) {
  x[sapply(x, is.null)] <- NA
  return(x)
}

get_Links_int <- function(Description, from, to){
  com <- sqlQuery(conn,paste0("Select symbol, company_Name from companiesList  where Location = 'India' ORDER BY slNo desc OFFSET ",from, " ROWS FETCH NEXT ", to, " ROWS ONLY"))
  com_symbol <- capture.output(cat(com$symbol, sep = ","))
  Link <- sqlQuery(conn,paste0("select Link+API as Link from APIlist where [Description]  in (","'", Description, "'", ")"))
  return(gsub("companies_to_be_passed", com_symbol, Link))
}

main_Data_Get <- function(Description, from, to){
  datalist = list()
  for (j in c(1:5)){
    i <- from
    asd <- c(get_Links_int(Description, i, to))
    while (i < 2208) {
      asd <- c(asd, get_Links_int(Description, i, to))
      i <- i + to
    }
    asd <- asd[-1]
    datalist[[j]] <- rbindlist(lapply(rjson::fromJSON(file = asd[j]), nullToNA), fill = TRUE)
  }
  return(do.call(rbind, datalist))
}

main_data <- as.data.frame(main_Data_Get('To get latest day prices', from = 0, to = 499))
main_company_info <- as.data.frame(main_Data_Get('To get Company Information', from = 0, to = 499))
main_real_Time_price <- as.data.frame(main_Data_Get('To get Real Time Price', from = 0, to = 499))
main_Stock_price_Change <- as.data.frame(main_Data_Get('To get Stock Price Change', from = 0, to = 499))
#historical_Price <- lapply(rjson::fromJSON(file = gsub("2021-09-24", Sys.Date(), gsub("2021-08-24", Sys.Date()-20, get_Links('To get historical prices', TRUE)))), nullToNA) %>% pluck("historicalStockList") %>%  map_dfr(~ as_tibble(.x) %>% unnest_wider(historical))
main_data['yearHigh - dayHigh'] <- round(main_data['yearHigh'],0) - round(main_data['dayHigh'], 0)
main_data['eps'] <- round(main_data['eps'],2)

company_info_Columns <- c('description', 'industry', 'sector', 'isin', 'isActivelyTrading', 'fullTimeEmployees')
real_Time_price_Columns <- c('prevClose', 'low')
Stock_price_Change_Columns <- c('1D', '5D')

main_data <- inner_join(main_data, main_company_info[c(company_info_Columns, 'symbol')], by='symbol')
main_data <- inner_join(main_data, main_real_Time_price[c(real_Time_price_Columns, 'symbol')], by='symbol')
main_data <- inner_join(main_data, main_Stock_price_Change[c(Stock_price_Change_Columns, 'symbol')], by='symbol')

required_Columns <- c('symbol', 'name', 'price', 'yearHigh - dayHigh', 'dayHigh', 'eps', 'marketCap', 'pe', 'open', 'volume', 'priceAvg50', 'priceAvg200', company_info_Columns, real_Time_price_Columns, Stock_price_Change_Columns)
hidden_Columns <- c("symbol", "marketCap", "pe", "description", "industry", "sector", "isin", "prevClose", "low", "open", "pc", "1D", "5D", "volume", "isActivelyTrading", "priceAvg50", "priceAvg200", "time") 

main_data <- main_data[required_Columns][order(main_data['yearHigh - dayHigh'], decreasing = FALSE),] %>% mutate_at(c('fullTimeEmployees'),
                                                                                                                 as.numeric) %>% filter(low > 0, 
                                                                                                                                        marketCap > 0, 
                                                                                                                                        volume > 0,
                                                                                                                                        isActivelyTrading == TRUE
                                                                                                                                        # between(`yearHigh - dayHigh`, input$getDiff_id[1], input$getDiff_id[2]),
                                                                                                                                        # between(dayHigh, input$getDHP_id[1], input$getDHP_id[2]),
                                                                                                                                        # between(`1D`, input$getID_id[1], input$getID_id[2]),
                                                                                                                                        # between(`5D`, input$get5D_id[1], input$get5D_id[2])
                                                                                                                 )

main_data$pc <- do.call(paste, c(main_data[c('1D', '5D')], sep = '_'))
main_data$time <- Sys.time()
update_Price_Table_to_sql(main_data, "Price_Table")

Above code actually updates a dataframe in sql table.

However when the same above R file is run using bat file as below, there is an error that occurs

"C:\Program Files\R\XXXX\XXX\XXX\Rscript.exe"  Update_Price_Table.R
pause

Error below

enter image description here

Not sure why is this? Can anyone help me here

I have also added my working directory here

enter image description here

Hi @vinayprakash808,

since your code is not reproducible, given that you have a database connection and additional files to make everything run, here are some suggestions to narrow it down based on your screenshots and code:

• The error happens in the line
datalist[[j]] <- rbindlist(lapply(rjson::fromJSON(file = asd[j]), nullToNA), fill = TRUE)

specifically rjson::fromJSON(file = asd[j]). Try to print asd[j] to see which file is being referenced.

• I have a R script that runs fine in R studio

Try to start a clean R session from R Studio and see if you can reproduce the error (maybe you cached something and forgot it so it works in R Studio).
Look at the current working directory in R Studio and if that matches the directory you start your script from.

This topic was automatically closed 42 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.