rtweet package - extract all tweets from specific users for a specific date range

Hello;
I'm new to rtweet and would really appreciate any help you're willing to give.
I'd like to extract all tweets from several specific users for a specific time period.
If anyone could help, I would really appreciate it.
Best,
Jill

Hi Jill,

As you can find on the documentation, you have get_timeline for that purpose. You can iterate for each user. For the specific time period it depends on the time range, if it is further than 7 days you will need to use the 30 days environment or the full archive (search_fullarchive) is is before 30 days (search_30day). If they are recent tweets you can use (search_tweets).

Hope this helps

Thank you very much.
I'll look forward to trying that now.
I really appreciate it.

Hello,
I've looked at the documentation, but I can't see how to do what I want using get_timeline.
I'm looking to extract all Tweets from a specific user within a date range, so for example, all Tweets between October 1 and October 10.
Could you please tell me what I am missing?
I would really appreciate any help.

Hi,
I don't know what are you missing. Could you provide the code you tried and explain why my proposed solutions (I suggested multiple ) don't work for you?

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.