RStudio slow/not working when I connect to company VPN (Resolved with RStudio update on 2/1/24)

Hi, wanted to report that this issue appears to have resolved itself when I updated RStudio yesterday.

It's not like my former RStudio version was old--I'm working on a practically brand new Dell laptop and only installed RStudio around Jan 10.

By the way my work laptop was also giving me similar issues with a fairly recent version of RStudio, but with the update that also appears to have resolved.

I have no idea what the update included, but thanks to the team, and I think I will hang onto this version for a while.

Cheers,
-Jonesey

=========================

Hello,
I may be dredging up an old topic, but I am having problems with RStudio as soon as I connect to company VPN. I am unable to open any R script files, or even to run something like list.files() once I start R after I connect to the company VPN.

I've been surfing around and it looks like an issue that came and went a few years ago with some people finding success following the advice on the below link, but it hasn't worked for me. I'm not sure if this even matters, but i have never used the Projects feature in RStudio. i've done some R Markup but mostly stick to .R

I'm running RStudio 2023.12.0 (Build 369), with R 4.3.2, on a Windows 11 Dell laptop.

I would appreciate any advice. Thank you!

A Solution That Works for Many, Apparently

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.