RStudio Online Crashing

Hi All,

This is my first post in the community and I've been brought here due to trouble I've been having on RStudio Cloud working on a project. Let me give you some info.

• I've imported one by one 12 CSV files to my work directory.
  • I then created a vector containing all 12 names of the CSV files and assigned it to a data frame.
  • Lastly, I tried reading the data frame by using read_csv().

What happens next is that program starts to load everything but then gets stuck and I get a pop that I've attached below.

Yes, I have also installed and loaded tidyverse. I am using the free version, is this a ram problem? Do i have to update my account in order to get past this or is there another way.

Screen Shot 2023-08-03 at 4.02.29 PM

What command did you use?

That's a possible explanation (although it's not the error message I would expect). Have you tried reading each of the 12 csv files individually? Maybe you can try a for loop with a message, so you know for what file the problem happens.

This is very likely since the free plan is limited to just 1GB RAM. Another option for you is to explore the use of "on-disk" approaches.

Hi Alexis,

I just used read_csv(df) to read the data frame. I tried reading the files one by one, but it also froze after the 3rd or 4th file. I didn't use the for loop tho.

However I was able to get around this using downloading RStudio for desktop and easily combined all the files within a data frame.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.