RStudio newly not opening on Windows 10

When I click on the RStudio icon in my start menu, my cursor briefly turns into the "loading" icon, but then reverts to the regular cursor. The same applies when I click on any shortcuts. This is the only evidence that I have selected RStudio. Until this week, I had no issues opening RStudio, and I'm at a loss as to what's changed.

I've put together a short video showing the issue, which can be seen here.

I have been following the steps at this link to attempt to diagnose the problem. Specifically:

• I have deleted startup files from the default working directory (established by opening the R GUI)
  • I have confirmed that my R installation is in the same location as it has always been
  • I have uninstalled RStudio from my machine, and installed it from scratch via the installer (itself via a fresh download)
  • I have confirmed I don't have a live proxy, and I've tried temporarily deactivating my firewall to see if it makes a difference
  • I have deleted ~/.rstudio-desktop
  • Running a diagnostic report with C:\Program Files\RStudio\bin\Run Diagnostics.lnk does not produce any output

To be honest I'm baffled as to what has happened here, and would be grateful for any support.

System Information:

RStudio Edition: Desktop
RStudio Version: 2021.09.1+372
R Version: x64 4.1.2
OS version:
Windows 10 Education
Version 20H2
Installed on ‎16/‎06/‎2021
OS build 19042.1348
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.