RStudio freezes when using View()

I just started having this issue this afternoon, after successfully using RStudio and the View() function for most of the day prior. I'm using the most recent versions of R (4.0.2) and RStudio (1.3.1056) on Windows 10 Pro.

When I attempt to view data using the View() command, RStudio seems to freeze completely. Sometimes it happens the first time I use View(), and sometimes it works a couple of times, then freezes. I read in this thread that it could be because of the size of my data sets (many of them are just over 300k rows) but implementing the solution didn't change anything.

The other thing that I noticed is that, when checking Task Manager, QtWebEngineProcess seems to be using a lot more CPU and memory than usual. I'm not sure if that's related, but I haven't noticed it before having this issue.

I've tried refreshing R, clearing the environment, restarting my computer, checking for updates... all the usual suspects.

Any suggestions or leads would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.