RStudio Desktop not starting: The R session failed to start

I was trying to connect my RStudio Desktop with conda by changing the R version from Tools >Global options>General. After pointing the R version to conda directory, I am getting issues while starting my RStudio desktop. Please find below the screenshot of the error window.

I tried reinstalling many times but still I am getting this error.

Please find below the Desktop.log file fetched from AppData>RStudio>local directory -

2024-07-19T07:13:04.371Z ERROR Failed to load http://127.0.0.1:11471: Error: ERR_ABORTED (-3) loading 'file:///C:/Program%20Files/RStudio/resources/app/.webpack/renderer/error_window/index.html'
2024-07-19T07:13:04.630Z ERROR ERR_FAILED (-2) loading 'file://C:\Program Files\RStudio\resources\app.webpack\renderer\splash\index.html'
2024-07-19T07:13:04.660Z ERROR IpcError: getStartupErrorInfo: Cannot set properties of null (setting 'innerHTML')
2024-07-19T09:44:50.380Z ERROR Failed to load http://127.0.0.1:39751: Error: ERR_ABORTED (-3) loading 'file:///C:/Program%20Files/RStudio/resources/app/.webpack/renderer/error_window/index.html'
2024-07-19T09:44:50.435Z ERROR ERR_FAILED (-2) loading 'file://C:\Program Files\RStudio\resources\app.webpack\renderer\splash\index.html'
2024-07-19T09:44:50.707Z ERROR IpcError: getStartupErrorInfo: Cannot set properties of null (setting 'innerHTML')

I tried renaming or deleting this RStudio file from the AppData directory as well, but in vain.

Any solution to solve this problem would be of great help!

Using RStudio with conda R is pretty tricky. Here is a solution for Unix: RStudio and Conda
Maybe you'll be able to do something similar on Windows. I would think that the key is to set the PATH very carefully, so that RStudio does not see the conda libs, but conda does see them.

Hi Gabor,
Thanks for responding.
Right now, using conda with RStudio environment is not the problem.
My RStudio Desktop IDE is not working. When I start RStudio Desktop IDE, it gives error as "R session failed to start" as you can see in the screenshot I provided above. I want it to start normally without any environments. I tried reinstalling many times and deleting the RStudio file from AppData directory in my windows system as well, but in vain.

I am not sure that I understand correctly what you are trying to do. If you have conda installed, but you want to run non-conda R (with or without RStudio), then you need to deactivate conda before starting R or Rstudio.