RStudio Connect QuickStart won't start

I'm experiencing a vauge error when trying to start the rstudio-quickstart Virtual Box. It seem to import just fine, but I get this super vague error when trying to start the box.

Failed to open a session for the virtual machine rstudio-quickstart-18.04-amd64-20190117-125804.

The virtual machine 'rstudio-quickstart-18.04-amd64-20190117-125804' has terminated unexpectedly during startup with exit code 1 (0x1).

Result Code: NS_ERROR_FAILURE (0x80004005)
Component: MachineWrap
Interface: IMachine {5047460a-265d-4538-b23e-ddba5fb84976}

I'm using a macOS Mojave 10.14.3

When I checked the logs they appear to be empty. I don't have any previous experience with VirtualBox, so any help would be much appreciated.

-Rob

Are you certain VirtualBox is fully installed?

Starting with macOS High Sierra, kernel extensions are blocked from being installed and there is a prompt in System Preferences -> Security & Privacy -> General with an Allow button that needs to be clicked. Once you do that, you need to run the VirtualBox installer again in order to complete installation.

Thank you. That did it.

For future finders with this issue, we discuss briefly on our FAQs here:

Basically, we just end up pointing to this Medium post, which has some screen shots and such.

@cole you might want to update the troubleshooting with the symptom experienced with the partial install of VirtualBox.