rstudio-connect migration

Hello everyone

I am migrating a rstudio-connect application to a new server with a soon to be running current version of Posit-Connect.
The existing server is running Rstudio Connect v1.8.6.1
On the existing server there are two rstudio-connect directories.
One in /opt/
One in a /local directory

I assume at some point they were running out of space and decided to move some of components to a another partition on the server.

I did not do the original installation and I have no documentation on how it was performed.

These is a small sample of the output of lsof

/opt/rstudio-connect/ext/rserver-monitor
/local/rstudio-connect/metrics/rrd
/opt/rstudio-connect/bin/connect
/local/rstudio-connect/db/connect-instrumentation.db

My goal is either to improve the installation and migrate everything to /opt/rstudio-connect on the new server
or migrate everything from the existing server to the new server as it is now and somehow get everything to work

I hope someone can give me some guidance on how to proceed

Could it be that I am over thinking this?
Can I just install Posit connect and have the Developer publish their app?

HI @erniee,

That's quite a leap forward. We're glad to see you upgrading though! There have been quite a few breaking changes in the time between 1.8.6.1 and now. Upgrade Planning

If you haven't already, it might be worth starting by looking at your Connect configuration file and taking a pass through the Connect release notes to compare against anything you might need to adjust or be aware of that's been deprecated, removed, or otherwise categorized as a breaking change.

The Posit Connect installers place all program files into the /opt/rstudio-connect directory. The config file /etc/rstudio-connect/rstudio-connect.gcfg will tell you whether your variable data has been set up somewhere other than the default location of /var/lib/rstudio-connect. Given what you've shared here, it looks like it may have been? If you want to relocate any of that data after performing the version upgrade, docs to do so are here: Relocating Variable Data.

If you run into any trouble through the upgrade, or need assistance understanding warning or error messages, the quickest way to get help is by opening a support ticket (link to the ticket form is at the very bottom of this page where it says "contact support").