RStudio Conference Live Streams Questions

Where do I find conference live streams?

Go to rstudio.com/conference. There are up to four tracks happening at any one time, with a live stream for each track. During keynotes/panels, all live streams will show the one keynote or panel.

Where do I find talks, and how do I figure out which live stream to select?

In the conference schedule (rstd.io/app >> schedule), each talk has a room next to it. The four live streams will have a corresponding room listed.

For example if your talk says it's happening in the "Imperial Ballroom", then pull up the live stream in the Imperial Ballroom.

How do I ask questions of speakers on the live stream?

Use sli.do >> #hexagon to find RStudio Conference. There are five rooms. Pull up the room for your live-stream, and pose questions there.

How do I ask more general questions about the conference?

If you have more general questions about the conference -- for example "What was the name of that new package Hadley mentioned?", or "What was that github repo JJ was talking about?", or even "OMG where do I get that Tidyverse Hex Dress?" -- post your question to #rstudio-conf

1 Like

Hi, I have trouble seeing the stream on full screen, the icon at the top right is not working. Is chrome a supported browser?

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble! Chrome is a supported browser. Do you see something like this? If so, does it work if you click on the circled button?

(From: https://rstudio.com/conference/grand-ballroom-b/)

1 Like

I got the arrows in grey, unclickable, in chrome. When I switched to firefox the arrows worked :slight_smile:

1 Like

Will recordings of the streams be posted?

Yes! From what I understand, the talk videos will hopefully be up in a couple weeks (rather than posting the raw livestream, the recorded video will be edited into individual talk videos for easier access and sharing, hence the delay).

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.