RStudio 2024.04.1 does not allow to run all code

Hi all,

I just installed the new Rstudio version and working on the old Rmarkdown file. This code works perfectly in the older version of Rstudio.

But, when with the new Rstudio version. I cannot use "Run all chunks below/after/all".
I have tried to click on the green arrow at each R chunk as well. it works for some chunks. For other chunks, I have clicked the green button and it does nothing.

Do any of you have the same issues or do you know how to fix it?

1 Like

I have the same issue. :face_with_spiral_eyes:

This is because you have some error in a chunk definition. For instance, the third quote mark is missing at the end of the example below. Not sure if it's a bug or a feature but the newer versions of RStudio don't execute the code without producing any error if it's so.

---
title: "Test"
output: html_document
---

## Broken chunk

```{r}
1 + 1
``

I uninstalled the new version and installed the previous version again. The code works perfectly. So, I think it might not be my code's problem.

+1 ChloeCao. Quote marks aren´t missing and installing the 2023.12 Version of RStudio does the job perfectly. Lets hope for a fix.

This is probably related to this issue (or at least caused by the same underlying bug): Function after an empty div breaks source code blocks in Quarto document · Issue #14652 · rstudio/rstudio · GitHub

Well I usually tend not to install the newest version as it can come with such problems. Thats why I mostly stay with older versions as far as they work.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.