Hi
I have installed R3.6.1 and rstudio 1.2.1335 in windows 10
however i am not able to launch rstudio
the main window appears with the tool bar only, a circle keeps spinning and nothing happen for a long long time.
I check in forums eg. stackover flow and this community. I tried all suggestions and recommendations I found but still no luck.
I have seen in the internet a lot of people facing this problem but no solution. can someone please help .
Thanks ![]()
Do you see the same problem with the current latest release of RStudio (v1.2.5001)? https://www.rstudio.com/products/rstudio/download/
The more information you can provide, the better the chance of getting to the bottom of this problem. Can you try running a diagnostics report, as described here? rstd.io/support-diagnostics-report
The best way to share the results is usually to upload it somewhere else (Google Drive, GitHub gist, Dropbox, etc) and link to it here.
Hi
yes, i uninstalled r3.6.1 rstudio 1.2.1335, annaconda 3.
reboot, reinstall annaconda3, r3.6.1 and finally rstudio 1.2.5001.
when I run rstudio, just a blank window with toobar .
i cannot run the diagnostics because when i press the help button and other buttons, no responses at all
Thanks for the info!
If you check the link in my last message, it explains how to run a diagnostics report even if RStudio won’t start up. Can you give it a try?
Hi
Thank you very much for your advice.
I could not run the diagnostics even though I run
C:\Program Files\RStudio\bin\Run Diagnostics.lnk.
it just hangs!
I could not find the cause of the problem, however, I manage to get rstudio working after going through the following steps.
- uninstall R
- uninstall rstudio.
- use Regedit to delete all entries for rstudio and R
- reboot
- reinstall r
- reinstall rstudio
rstudio 1.2.5001 is work now.
perhaps the problem is some old registry links are not cleared.
Thank you.