RPostgreSQL: Connection error SCRAM authentication requires libpq version 10 or above Using PostgreSQL16

Hello anyone, I currently entering a problem when I connect my database to the R Shiny. The db won't connect to my RShiny app, because of this error
i tried to configure the postgresql.conf and pg_hba.conf to change the scram into md5 and restarting the postgresql16 but it didn't work. I also add a new system variables so that it can be directed to the postgresql bin directory but i'm still facing the same issues.
thank you so much

RPosgreSQL error: could not connect postgres@localhost:5432 on dbname "postgres": SCRAM authentication requires libpq version 10 or above
>

Where is the shiny app deployed? It seems you need to update libpq (a system dependency) on that system. RpostgreSQL can indeed handle the SCRAM-SHA-256 authentication method

I am so sorry, I don't really understand what you mean by deployed, but here is my explanation
I located my shiny app in local disk D:, but I installed the postgreSQL 16 in D: too not in the regular directory which is in C:, from what I've read, the installation can affect the path to read the libpq. So, I created a new system variables path to connect in my postgreSQL's bin, but it still didn't work
My app hasn't deployed yet, I want to deploy it later when all of my data can be called in my shiny app

Very like shiny is not being able to find your libpq installation . I would recommend installing on a standard location since postgresql server is not really meant to be used on a desktop environment and there is not much information out there for setting it up on Windows with custom configurations.

Have in mind that the system where you deploy the app needs to have access to your postgresql server if you are going to be reading the data from there and this implies exposing the service to the open internet somehow.

This topic was automatically closed 54 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.