RMarkdown - The system cannot find the file specified

I'm working with RMarkdown for the first time. I have some R code that uses Tidyverse tools to group, aggregate and shape some data that I want to then chart and annotate in RMarkdown. The code works in a standalone R file, but when I bring it into RMarkdown it fails on the first statement after I bring in the data from a CSV. It seems like it doesn't like the some of the tidy syntax or maybe the %IN% operator. Not sure what's going on, but I can't seem to get the code to work in Markdown. Curious if somebody can help me get over this hurdle.

Code snippet below....

---
title: "Outbound US Border Crossing Analysis"
author: "Marc Alexander"
date: "`r Sys.Date()`"
output: html_document
---

```{r setup, include=FALSE}
knitr::opts_chunk$set(echo = TRUE)

R Markdown

This is an R Markdown document. Markdown is a simple formatting syntax for authoring HTML, PDF, and MS Word documents. For more details on using R Markdown see http://rmarkdown.rstudio.com.

When you click the Knit button a document will be generated that includes both content as well as the output of any embedded R code chunks within the document. You can embed an R code chunk like this:

library(tidyr)
library(lubridate)
library(tidyverse)
library(scales)

## Get content into a data frame
## data <- read.csv("~/R/2024-04 Learning Effort/_input/Border_Crossing_Entry_Data.csv",
   ##              header = TRUE, sep = ",")

## print(data)

filter(read.csv("~/R/2024-04 Learning Effort/_input/Border_Crossing_Entry_Data.csv",
                 header = TRUE, sep = ",")
       , Measure %in% c("Personal Vehicles","Personal Vehicle Passengers", "Pedestrians"))

Figured this out. echo = false instead of FALSE was root cause.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.