R Studio package installation error: dyn.load(file, DLLpath = DLLpath, ...)

Urgent help needed, thanks in advance!

I'm having difficulty loading the Causal Impact package on R Studio on my laptop. I use a Macbook Pro with an M3 Pro chip and 36 GB memory, with macOS Sonoma 14.7. I'm using R 4.4.1 and R Studio 2024.09.0+375.

When trying to load the Causal Impact library, I got the following error message:

Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘BoomSpikeSlab’ in dyn.load(file, DLLpath = DLLpath, ...): unable to load shared object '/Users/JaimeColmenares/Documents/R/Projects/renv/library/macos/R-4.4/aarch64-apple-darwin20/BoomSpikeSlab/libs/BoomSpikeSlab.so': dlopen(/Users/JaimeColmenares/Documents/R/Projects/renv/library/macos/R-4.4/aarch64-apple-darwin20/BoomSpikeSlab/libs/BoomSpikeSlab.so, 0x0006): symbol not found in flat namespace '__ZN4BOOM9GlobalRng3rngE' Error: package ‘BoomSpikeSlab’ could not be loaded

How do I resolve this?

Thanks!

Hi, is this question different from Error installing package in R Studio on Mac: dyn.load(file, DLLpath = DLLpath, ...)?

Hi Gabor,

It's the same one. I'll delete this one.

Jaime

Are you aware of the dependencies required for the Causal Impact package? Sometimes, underlying packages like BoomSpikeSlab may have additional dependencies that also need to be installed. Have you checked for any missing packages or updated versions of dependencies?