R studio not launching

I used R studio more than year but all of a sudden I can not launch R studio now.

I uninstalled and re-installed both R (R x64 3.6.2) and R studio (1.2.5033) but no luck.

I am using Windows 10.

Appreciate any help.

Can you describe what happens when you try to launch RStudio?
In the mean while, there are a couple of things you can try

• Reset RStudio's state
  • Try changing to software rendering, you can change it by holding the Ctrl key while opening RStudio, then you should see this menu and change the "Rendering Engine" to "Software".
1 Like
  1. Nothing happens when I try to launch RStudio. No error message, nothing.
  2. I should have renamed RStudio-Desktop dir, but I deleted based on stack overflow suggestion and re-installed RStudio. All I see is 0KB rdesktop.txt in log dir now.
  3. I don't see "Choose R installation" window when using Ctrl. It behaves same as point # 1
  4. I try to Run Diagnostics, there is no diagnostics-report.txt like it mentioned in https://support.rstudio.com/hc/en-us/articles/200321257-Running-a-Diagnostics-Report
    See the screen shot, does it look normal?

So

1. I went back to RStudio-1.0.153 and then to RStudio-1.1.463. Both are working fine. But latest version R studio - 1.2.5033 does not work. Any clues on why?

2. Where do I get 1.2.X versions of RStudio? For example - 1.2.1335-1 or 1.2.5001-3?

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.