R studio assignment help (boxplot)

Hi,
I have an assignment due and I am trying to make a boxplot however I have no clue how to do this on rstudio. I have a feeling it is very simple and wouldnt take much time for someone good with R. If you help I will give $20 CAD. Thanks

Hi, have a read.

ggplot2 box plot : Quick start guide - R software and data visualization - Easy Guides - Wiki - STHDA

Here's the simplest possible example.

boxplot(mtcars$mpg)

Created on 2023-11-15 with reprex v2.0.2

There are other ways to do it that have more bells and whistles, but this is the simplest.

Think about R as like school algebra: y = f(x) where there are three objects (R thingies are all objects, meaning they can be acted upon to achieve some result).

y is what is desired, in this case a boxplot
x is what is at hand, in this case the values of the continuous variable mpg contained in the data frame mtcars. The $sign is an operator object that connects the two, a process called subsetting.
f is the function to use to get from x to y

Hi,

No need for payment. I can help you create a boxplot in RStudio. Just provide your data and what you need.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 42 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.