quarto render button in RStudio does not find extensions embedded at the project level

I'm running into unexpected behavior when rendering a file that uses a custom format that is installed at the project level. Say you have a default website with one new file, slides/deck1.qmd and a custom revealjs format, storybook, installed at the project level.

├── _quarto.yml
├── about.qmd
├── index.qmd
├── styles.css
├── _extensions
|   ├── mcanouil
|       ├── storybook
|           ├── _extension.yml
|           ├── ... and so on...
├── slides
|   ├── desk1.qmd

When I open up desk1.qmd in RStudio and click the Render button, I get:

ERROR: NotFound: No such file or directory (os error 2), stat '/Users/andrewbray/Desktop/testwebsite/slides/_extensions/mcanouil/storybook/mcsb.svg' NotFound: No such file or directory (os error 2), stat '/Users/andrewbray/Desktop/testwebsite/slides/_extensions/mcanouil/storybook/mcsb.svg'

Which makes it look like it's looking for the extension at the document level. It works just fine if I render the entire project or if I run quarto render slides/deck1.qmd. Is this the intended behavior?

MWE found here:

https://github.com/andrewpbray/testwebsite

Versions

I'm running quarto 1.3.433 and RStudio 2023.09.1+494 (2023.09.1+494).

Originally posted as an issue on the IDE repo after being recommended to do so in a Quarto github discussion thread.

Thanks for the help!

From answer in RStudio IDE repo (quarto render button does not find extensions embedded at the project level · Issue #13961 · rstudio/rstudio · GitHub) I believe this is a confirmed issue that they will look into.

Sorry for the trouble on this

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.