Python pins will not run in shiny for python app on posit connect server

I am not sure if this is a posit connect server or pins issue, but I cannot get my shiny for python app to work on posit connect if the pins package is imported. Here is the minimum app to show this:

This app works and published without issue (it is the base example from the shiny documentation):

from shiny import App, ui
# Part 1: ui ----
app_ui = ui.page_fluid(
    "Hello, world!",
)

# Part 2: server ----
def server(input, output, session):

# Combine into a shiny app.
# Note that the variable must be "app".
app = App(app_ui, server)

However, if I add the line "import pins" to the above (right below the from shiny import App,ui line), the app is able to deploy, but once deployed I get "An error has occured" with the following message in the logs:

Error while loading Python API: Could not import module 'app'. Connect expected to find a file in the application directory named 'app.py'. Please check the entrypoint specified in the manifest.json file or on the rsconnect-python command line. Reason: cannot import name 'hash_name' from 'fsspec.implementations.cached' (/opt/rstudio-connect/mnt/app/python/env/lib/python3.9/site-packages/fsspec/implementations/cached.py).

If I then remove the imports pin import and republish, the app starts working again.

As another note, I do not have any errors if I run either version locally.

The directory I am publishing from only contains app.py with the code mentioned above and a requirements.txt file with the requirements of shiny and pins.

The posit connect server I am publishing to is a corporate one, so I cannot share those details here. If you think it is a server issue rather than a pins issue, I will try to reach out to my corporate contacts, but I cannot find anything online about this, so figured I'd at least post it here to start.

This is a pins error, AFAICT

This topic was automatically closed 54 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.