We can change appearance, like font, font size and theme, with Tools/Global Options. Obviously, these are global settings. What if I wanted to change appearance on a per project basis. E.g for one project, I have large font and dark background, and for another, I have smaller font and light background.
Why I would like this is because, using the same machine, I will do RStudio screencasts, and normal data analysis work, and teaching in a class room (where display is projected). I am constantly changing my global settings as I switch between these contexts.
Tracked here -- please comment/upvote!
opened 01:58PM - 08 Mar 18 UTC
enhancement
themes
<!-- This issue tracker is for bugs and feature requests in the RStudio IDE. If … you're having trouble with R itself or an R package, see https://www.r-project.org/help.html, and if you want to ask a question rather than report a bug, go to https://community.rstudio.com/. Finally, if you use RStudio Server Pro, get in touch with our Pro support team at support@rstudio.com.
If you're here to report a bug in RStudio, please take the time to fill out as much of the below as you're able so that we can reproduce the problem you're seeing. -->
### System details
RStudio Edition :
RStudio Version :
OS Version :
R Version :
### Steps to reproduce the problem
### Describe the problem in detail
### Describe the behavior you expected
<!-- Depending on the problem, the following may also be helpful
1. The output of sessionInfo()
2. The R code in question
3. A diagnostics report; see https://support.rstudio.com/hc/en-us/articles/200321257-Running-a-Diagnostics-Report
Thank you for taking the time to file an issue! -->
Feature Request for ability to set session-specific background colors or themes. I am frequently working on several related or completely unrelated projects, and the ability to color-code the sessions in either the Windows R-Gui or the MacOS/Linux console makes “visual grepping” much easier and faster (“visual grepping” a term is from the description of the file-icons package for the Atom editor). Themes are great, but when I change it for one session it changes for all sessions. Please excuse any oversights on my part, and thanks!
Just upvoted it on Github now. Thanks.