Problems with Rtools installation

Hello everyone! I'm new in the community, please be patient with me. My English isn't the best, but I try it.

I installed R (4.2.2) and R studio (2022.07.2 Build 576).

I installed one package and in the console appear a message about the Rtools isn't installed correctly.
this is the message:
WARNING: Rtools is required to build R packages but is not currently installed. Please download and install the appropriate version of Rtools before proceeding:

https://cran.rstudio.com/bin/windows/Rtools/
Installing package into ‘C:/Users/yanim/AppData/Local/R/win-library/4.2’

I have followed the instructions but the system open a window:

I don't know how to solve it. Please, help!

Thanks ,
Yani

It looks like the package agricolae did install. Can you run this library() call without getting an error.

library(agricolae)

If you do not get an error, you can ignore the Warning about installing RTools. RTools is only needed for compiling packages from their source code and that is not what is typically done on Windows.

1 Like

RTools is not an R package so you shouldn't install it into your R package library. It is better not to change the default installation settings, otherwise you might get into configuration issues.

1 Like

Hi FJCC.

I didn't have an error with this library.
Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.