Problem deploying: Error building image: Build exited with non-zero status: 127

Hi everybody,

I can't deploy in shinyapps.io, even the default "Old Faithful Geyser Data" since I have an error building R6.

Hi everyone,

Same issue here. Previously deployed, no problems. I went back to the previous version of the code, tried to re-deploy it, and got the same errors.

Hello. Same problem over here. Deployments worked well until march 1. No code changes in between. Thanks!

── Deploying to server ─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Waiting for task: 1391798850
building: Parsing manifest
building: Building image: 10097094
building: Building package: MASS

Begin Task Log

End Task Log

Error: Unhandled Exception: child_task=1391798851 child_task_status=failed: Error building image: Error building MASS (7.3-60.0.1). Build exited with non-zero status: 127
Execution halted
Error: Process completed with exit code 1.

1 Like

Hello I am having the same problem here. I got a scheduled deployment and out of the blue stopped working due the error on building MASS (7.3-60.0.1) .

Is there a workaround I could try to have the latest changes of my app deployed?

I am having the same problem. I think because R was updated to version 4.3.3, the shinyapps.io has not updated yet the MASS package compatible with this new R version. Let's complain to Posit and see what happens.

I am having exactly the same problem after updating to R version 4.3.3.

Hi!
The problems mentioned in the latest messages here resemble the issue that I had, which is discussed here ! . Installing an older version of R with its suited Bioconductor version resolved the issue for now. Of course, note that my codes are not dependent on latest versions of any Bioconductor packge.

Hi. Here is the solution I found while Posit did not fix this problem for the R 4.3.3 version, on March 6, 2024:

• Go to The R Installation Manager and install r-rig accordingly to your OS. I had to do this because I am a Linux user. Then run rig --help to understand how the rig works.

• Select an available R version previous 4.3.3. I chose version 4.2.3.

• Do the deployment. Enjoy!!!

3 Likes

I uninstalled 4.3.3 and installed 4.2.3 and it deployed as usual. Thanks Abdinardo!

1 Like

Downgrading R to 4.3.0 works. I am using docker rocker/tidyverse:latest image that has R_VERSION=4.3.3 and update it to rocker/tidyverse:4.3.0 that containers R_VERSION=4.3.0, that makes the trick.

Thanks pal!

Same problem here. The last error message is

Error: Unhandled Exception: child_task=1393390649 child_task_status=failed: 
Error building image: Error building R6 (2.5.1). Build exited with non-zero status: 127

The r-rig package is not an option for me, since I'm on Linux Mint. The Ubuntu version installs, but then it does not find the current R installation and cannot find the list of available R versions.

Also, for some reason I cannot fathom, the installation log contains multiple instances of Quarto not found. The app I'm trying to upgrade does not use Quarto.

1 Like

I got the same issue with Quarto not found when my actual dependencies is very light and does not include Quarto. I'm on a Windows machine R v.4.3.3 and RStudio 2023.12.1 build 402.

1 Like

I am having the same exact issue with the BH package failing to build when deploying to shinyapps.io. Rolled r back to 4.2.3 to no avail

renv.lock file did not change between deployments, worked fine a few weeks ago.

Tried again today (March 15) and the app deployed successfully.

1 Like