Preventing more than one concurrent user - Shiny RStudio Connect.

Hi all,

Is there a recommended way of preventing there from being multiple concurrent users of an app? Our app is deployed on RStudio Connect, and we only want it to be accessible by one user at a time.

Thanks!

Hi,

Welcome to the RStudio community!

As the whole point of Shiny is to be able to have multiple users, I'm not aware of any function within the app that can limit the number of active users.

On Shinyapps.io it seems you can limit the number of active users in the settings (max connections), so I assume you can do the same using RStudio connect. If you have only one worker process and 1 max connection, I assume the app will not allow multiple a the same time...

Let me know if this works, because there might be a way to do this in the code, but that would be less elegant...

Hope this helps,
PJ

Hi Pieterjanvc,

I want exactly the opposite of what Firth is asking in this post. pls take a look at this post and provide your feedback

This topic was automatically closed 54 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.