Plotting Sea Current Vectors with leaflet() in Rshiny

Dear community,

I hope this email finds you well. I am writing to seek your assistance with a data visualization problem I am facing at the moment.

Problem Description:

I have a dataframe named "df" containing the following columns: "longitude", "latitude", "sea_currents_mag", and "sea_currents_direction". The dataframe includes sea current estimations, with information about magnitude (m/s) and direction (degrees) at various longitude and latitude coordinates. The study domain covers the Eastern Mediterranean Sea (23E to 36W) and extends from 31S to 37N. It is important to note that the longitude and latitude coordinates are not evenly spaced across the domain.

Objective: I am seeking guidance on how to the leaflet() function in Rshinny, with the aim of ploting the sea current vectors (arrows) at each coordinate. Additionally, if possible, I would like the borders of the surrounding countries to be included in the plot to provide geographic context.

Specific Requests:

1. Help with plotting sea current vectors (arrows) based on "sea_currents_mag" and "sea_currents_direction" at each corresponding longitude and latitude coordinate.
  2. Assistance with including the borders of the surrounding countries in the plot to provide geographic context.

I would highly appreciate any advice, code examples, or packages that could assist me in achieving this visualization goal.

Thank you very much for taking the time to read my email, and I look forward to any assistance you can provide.

Best regards,
Kostas

This topic was automatically closed 54 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.