Performing a PCA on multiple datasets

Hello,

I have a question about performing a PCA on multiple datasets in RStudio.
I have uploaded 6 datasets (landmark coordinates of a wrist bone of 6 different primate species). The landmark coordinates were placed on the bones with landmark editor; the coordinates were saved as a .dta file and I uploaded these in R.
First, I tested the "gpagen" (for procrustes alignment) and "plotTangentSpace" (for PCA) functions with one dataset (e.g. macaque), and this works fine. I have a nice PCA-plot of the first 2 axes for the macaque dataset.

However, this is just one species; and I would like to do a PCA analysis on all 6 datasets (have them all in 1 plot).
I know there is a function called "merge", but I don't think I specifically need to merge the datasets (I tried it and the outline changes ...).
The function "readmulti.nts(filelist)" could be a possibility, but I don't know how to arrange such a 'filelist'.

Can someone help me with this?

Thank you!

Marie.

Hi!

To help us help you, could you please prepare a reproducible example (reprex) illustrating your issue? Please have a look at this guide, to see how to create one:

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.